Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ah Haaa, I'm Back In A Week!

I know, you didn't think I'd make it back on here in a week did you?  Well, I'm trying!

This week went pretty fast, just like they all do.  Why is it when you get older time seems to fly?  Maybe because we learn to let up on the stresses in our lives & learn to live a little.  I was going to say slow down a little, but I don't think that always holds true.  Seems we are always on the go doing something.

This week we did our usual activities.  Bill has been getting up every morning & going for a walk around part of the park & then walking the treadmill for about 20 minutes.  I'm so proud of him.  He is really gaining by walking longer a little at a time.  The doctor has him on two different inhalers & he seems to be doing so much better.  Keep praying he continues to do well.  I haven't been walking as regularly, as the girls changed their time of walking to earlier & I just can't get in the habit.  I did walk 2 nights, but I need to go more often!  

Friday afternoon I started with the Hopi Shuffleboard team & we played out of the park.  My first time on a league.  Well, it was NOT a good start!!  I think I had the curviest board in the place & the guy from that park beat me so bad I was embarrassed!!!  It was the worst I've ever played.  He finally got one in the "Kitchen" (-10) & let me have 15 points at the end.  It ended up 63 to 9!  The day before on our courts I lost to one of the better players by 1 point, 32 to 31.  So I know I can do it!  Oh well.  It wasn't beginners luck, so it must have been stress & nerves!  

Saturday Bill & I went to the club house for breakfast & then came home & went to the Arizona Balloon Festival down off Interstate 10 below Phoenix.  That was a wasted trip!  They set off some balloons around 5:30-6:00AM & then nothing.  We got there & paid $5.00 to park in the handicap lot ($10.00 in the other lot & you had to walk about 1/4 mile) & saw 4 sky divers.  We could have gone to Eloy, AZ & seen them for free!  There were no balloons set up on the grounds & only a few vendors in there.  I was not going to pay $10.00 per person to go in & see nothing.  They were to have a "glow" in the evening, but this was 9:30 in the morning!!!  Our little PA town of Meadville has them beat by a long shot!  I'd go to the Thurston Classic in a minute compared to this.  Here is a couple pictures of the sky divers I took (Just to prove we were there!)

 This one was pretty cool with the American Flag.  I'm sure the flag hit the ground before he did though.  Naughty, naughty!
Today, Sunday, we went to Chapel & then went out for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.  (Our Favorite or I should say one of our favorites).  This afternoon at 4:00pm we went back to the club house ballroom for a concert by the East Valley Chorale.  They are a group of about 70 singers from 35 churches in the area.  They presented a concert of Psalms, Hymns & Spiritual Songs.  They were great.  I really enjoyed it & so did Bill.  At the end, they stood in the aisles & surrounded the congregation & sang "Written in Red" by Gordon Jensen.

"In letters of crimson God wrote His love on a hillside so long, long ago.
For you and for me Jesus died and love's greatest story was told.
I love you, I love you; That's what Calvary said.
I love you, I love you, I love you written in red."

We got to talk to all the grand kids today, my daughter, my sister-in-law & a voice message from our son, along with talking on the phone to friends.
A great day.

If I don't get on here again before Thanksgiving - May you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving and thank you all for being part of our lives.

 Until next time.......The Traveling Cardinal's




No comments: