Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm Back - Soon too!

Our annual Shuffleboard Potluck.  Pretty original decorations - a cue stick & a disk - Black & Yellow.  Can't get much simpler than that!   That's what we like - simple & fun!
 
 Well, we didn't make the top three, but I think we were tied for 5th.  Not too bad.  I think we are all winners anyway!

The fellow on the left is Gib & his wife Jan.  Gib was on my team but only got to play twice.  He was having some health issues & ended up having a stroke.  But he is doing very well & we hope to see him back on the shuffleboard court soon!  Lynda talking with her neighbors, Trudy & Wilf.
 Another great team member, Keith.  He only lost 2 of his games this season!  Great job Keith.
 My Alpena, Michigan team mate, Doris.  Her husband Francis is standing behind her in the red shirt & Bill is sitting beside her.
 Another crazy guy that keeps us laughing, Rick & on my team!  I asked him where his hat was because he's hard to recognize without one!  Cowboy hat rolled up on the sides.
I missed two of my team mates.  Joanie was sitting behind me & I didn't get her picture and Pat was missing from the gathering.

I had to give Doris her "Pixie Power" prize!  She was soooo proud of her game back in January when she beat Louis by one point!!  She had a couple really great games where she either beat or lost by one or two points.  We always say we don't care if we win or lose as long as we have a fun time.  But sometimes it just feels soooo good to beat a great player!  I know, I've been there too!


Today after church we came home & relaxed, then I made baked spaghetti to take to the potluck.  It was a beautiful day, in the 80's.  I sat out back in the sun & took a little snooze.  I miss my lounge chair.  I may have to break down & go buy one soon.  I don't always have a chance to get to the pool if I have something around the house I have to get done - like put the spaghetti in the oven!

Our son, Mark, called on his way to church tonight to check on Dad.  He said it was raining pretty hard, but the sky was clear in the opposite direction with a beautiful rainbow that you could see both ends of.  A sure promise from God.  There is always a rainbow at the end of the storm.

Bill ate really good tonight.  It seems good to see him able to eat more than soup & jello!

So, not a real exciting day, but a nice relaxing day.  Just what we need on a Sunday.

Tomorrow it's back to busy, busy - Head Referee meeting at 8:45am, (guess I have to miss Pilate's), then off to dance practice at 10am.  I'm hoping practice goes better tomorrow.  We also get fitted for costumes tomorrow.

Now it's time for me to get my checkbook balanced, fold some clothes when then come out of the dryer & then head to bed.

So............until next time.............The Traveling Cardinal's

No comments: