Saturday, August 2, 2008

The "Parrot Party" Caribbean Style at H.V. Campground

Well, this was a busy weekend. Although we did find time to shop & relax too.

Friday night we sat by the fire until Bill's friend, Ned, came along & they played cribbage. I heard music & went for a walk. Later Bill & I walked over & stood on the roadway listening until another 5th wheel pulled in & blocked our view. Oh well, didn't want to impose.

Saturday Dee & Jerry went with us for breakfast early in the morning. My friend Toni had told me about Bon-Ton's sale starting at 9AM so I wanted to be there when they opened. I've been looking for a new bathing suit (you know that stretch stuff gets thin over the years!). They had one when I looked a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't want to pay that kind of price. So I got it 60% off, plus a coupon for another 20%. Not bad! Not the one I was looking for, but I liked the one I got better. We shopped a couple other stores & then hit the Dollar General store that was closing in the mall. 10 cents for anything & everything left in the store! Amazing what we bought in there for less than $1.00!! That was worth the gas of driving down to Warren!

After coming back to the campground, the early afternoon was lazy until it was time for Happy Hour, the judging of the fruit/vegetable crafts made by kids that morning. Cute ideas! That was followed at 5 by Cheeseburger Specials for the Jimmy Buffet style evening with the Caribbean air. We all had fun getting in the mood by dressing up a little. I decided to keep my grass skirt for more of a Hawaiian theme! The music was fun. Great listening. Not much dancing until most of the people had left & they started playing more of the oldies. Needless to say, I was one of the last to leave. You know, I hate to have a live band play to an empty building!!

Some pictures of the evening & night:
Decorated Laid Back Banana

Dee's Birds Made Out of Apples
Pineapple Lady
DEE & JERRY
GUESS WHO? That's Us - Bill & Peggy
Cute Little Island Girls
Randy Q (the Boss) & his Gang Cooking the Burgers
1/2 of the Gang Eating

The other 1/2 of the Gang Eating

Frozen T-Shirt Contest - First to get it unfolded & On
He's Almost There - But Was Beat By A Girl!
Look Mom - No Hands! - Swim Noodles
The Rainbow After The Rain

Carved Watermelons - Fish, Sun, Tiki, Parrot by Mel & Kathy
Sunday was my family reunion. Gosh......All I've done is EAT all weekend. I'd like to miss W.W. this week! I was doing good, but I don't think this week will be good! I have 3 more days & I've already run out of extra points! Not good planning.
Today I played ladder golf for the first time. I've seen several people at lots of campgrounds play & wondered how to do it. At the reunion, Ronnie & Sheila L. had the game there. Well, by brother Ray, niece Sheila, nephew Randy & I played. It is harder than I thought. Needless to say, Sheila & I didn't do very well. The only one that had played before was my brother. Now you know who won!
THIS IS MY LAST WEEK TO WORK!!!!! We will be leaving here a week from tomorrow. The summer is almost over!!!! I don't know if I remember how to pack up our trailer for "on the road" mode. It seems like it's been forever & we are ready to move on. Will miss our families, but can't wait to see the kids & grandkids again. They are counting the days!
Dentist appointments this week. Hope we will be all set to travel in that respect. If we can keep our bodies & our trailer in good travel shape, we should be all set.
One more reunion next Sunday & then it's off to see the wizard!
Until next time......The Traveling Cardinal's

No comments: