Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Great Tuesday!

Tuesdays start out with coffee and donuts in the pavilion at 8:30 AM. Needless to say, I don't eat the donuts. I take a W.W. cookie with me, but today I was too full from breakfast to even eat that! After our chat session, I went for my 3-1/2 mile walk. It was a beautiful day! And about 1/4 of a mile up the road I remembered, I didn't take my camera AGAIN! Gosh, will I never learn! Oh well, I know I'll be walking that same road again before the summer is over!

Yesterday before it started to rain AGAIN, I ran & got my camera to take a couple pictures here at the campground. Here is the FULL & I mean FULL swimming pool (which, by the way, is right outside my window where the computer is so I can see it whenever I'm on in the daylight). The creek is not far from us, but far enough not to bother. You have to drive over a wooden bridge to get into & out of the campground. It's pretty new & sturdy (lots of big boys come over it). It was really raging the last 3-4 days. The tornado never hit anywhere near us, so that was a relief!
THE FULL POOL

GRAY DAY AT HIDDEN VALLEY


LOOKING DOWN UNDER THE BRIDGE WHERE THE KIDS USUALLY PLAY

DOWN STREAM WHERE THE KIDS PLAY WHEN IT IS VERY, VERY LOW & YOU CAN SEE THE ROCKS

LOOKING UPSTREAM, AGAIN WHERE THE KIDS PLAY WHEN THE WATER IS LOW

These pictures remind me of the creek in front of my parents house that I used to spend hours in when I was a kid. I remember quite a few floods then too. Sometimes it would take out the bridge at our house & we had to walk across planks to get to the road from our house.

When I went to clean the restrooms across the other little creek, it poured buckets. I needed a boat & oars to get into the one restroom. Outside the water was right up to the door on the woman's side! Needless to say, it didn't much matter that I mopped, as whenever you walked back in, it tracked up again. Oh well. I did the job, that's all that matters! I just keep thinking......I earned another 1/2 tank of diesel each week!

Today was chiropractor day again. I think this was my last treatment. I can turn my neck again & the back is as good as it will ever get I think. At least while I'm cleaning & mopping floors! I'll have the winter to recuperate again. Not sure I'll do the job again next year. If we stay in AZ longer next Spring, then it will be too late anyway when we get back. They will need someone before we get here.

As I was reading my emails tonight, old camper friends from the late 1970's, Tom & Carol S., sent me this picture! It's amazing. It is of the Kinzua Dam, Warren, PA. The circle of water on the top is the reservoir. Bill worked way up on the top of that hill when they were building it. He worked for a Security Service there before we were married. I used to go up alone to pick him up after work on Sunday nights. Believe me, it was a long, lonely, dark road. No houses or anything. About wide enough for 1-1/2 vehicles. One night my mom rode along with me. She about had a heart attack thinking I was going up there alone!!!! One night Bill got stuck in the little shed that was his "guard house" when a bear was wandering around outside. That was a real treat! Another great place for fisherman just down from the dam. The picture was apparently taken in the fall as the trees look like they have turned those reddish colors. Anyway, here is the picture:
After they built the dam, my mom & dad square danced on the dam & got a badge that said "Dam Dancers". I got to drive my old '62 Chevy across it!

Tonight was a potluck supper. I tried really hard to be good. But tomorrow is the tell-tale day! We will see! I've had 2 days that I'm over my points & I've used all my extras plus I've eaten the protein she said I wasn't getting. If I don't lose this week, I'll be looking for other pointers!

Since today was "honey dipping" day for Bill, he is "out like a log" snoring in his chair. I don't think he would hear a bomb go off! I even turned off the TV & he didn't even stir. I guess that must mean he is truly sleeping!

Tomorrow is suppose to be a super day, so I hope I can get my cleaning done early & enjoy the sunshine! Time to start a new book. I'm reading a series of 3 & I finished the first one this evening. It is the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts. One of my favorite authors. My favorite pastime......sitting in the sun & reading!
Well, until next time...........The Traveling Cardinal's


No comments: