Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WHAT A TRIP THROUGH COLORADO!!!

WOW! What a day! We saw the most beautiful views today, but we also were pushing the pedal to the metal to beat the 2 feet of snow that was to start Tues. evening in the mountains of Colorado (especially the Vail Pass). Peg was tooling pretty good in the AM & Bill took over for the afternoon. Of course, I got to drive through the Pass & into the mountains of snow at the rest stop & you know......someone (not me!!!!) had to use the facilities. Good thing we had our own. Of course, theirs were open, but wait until you see the picture below of the facilities!!!!!

All in all we had a great day! Diesel has been pretty good. Had to pay the highest before we headed up the Pass (11,600 & some feet), just in case we got stuck somewhere & needed to sit along the side of the road. I just thank God for the weather, safe trip & the beauty He shared with us today. We said many "thank you's" to Him today!

Okay, enough of my blubbering, it's getting late & I want to put up a few pictures & share a couple of info's I received today too.
A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT (TO LOOK AT, BUT NOT LIVE IN, THAT'S WHY WE GO TO ARIZONA!)

ONE OF THE MANY TUNNELS (3 or 4 I THINK) WE WENT THROUGH IN THE MTS.

LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE PRETTY DEEP

THIS IS THE REST STOP AND IT IS PRETTY DEEP!!!!

Called my sister, Romayne, from here & said I've seen enough snow. Now let's get on with life. Glad I don't have to shovel all that stuff!

THESE WERE THE FACILITIES - ALMOST HAD TO DIG YOUR WAY IN & OUT!

SEE THE SKIERS ON THE SLOPES

THIS IS EASTERN COLORADO - WHAT A DIFFERENCE, Farm Land, Beef Cattle & NO MOUNTAINS!

Ok, let's see if I can insert some awesome things I received today:

1. For those of you back home in North Warren: www.aaronreinard.blogspot.com/ This is wonderful news!!!!

2. This is a must see: http://www.wretch.cc/video/ritahsia&func=single&vid=2282608&p=0 Received this from a fellow snowbird at Superstition Sunrise RV Resort who worshipped with us & hiked with us on the first hike when we got there. Thanks, Marquita!

Well, that's it for today. Oh, I guess I should say.....since we are retired & can make up our minds what we want to do.........we have decided to change our direction of travel just a little. Not a lot, we are still heading East & toward our goal, but just taking a brief detour. Besides, we are trying to fill up our US State Map of where we have RVed & we can take in two states instead of one! Until next time.....The Traveling Cardinal's

No comments: