Sunday, June 8, 2008

HOT & HUMID WEATHER

Well, I guess we are back in NY/PA! Weather changed quite quickly from cold & rainy to hot & humid. Feels like July-August weather. I try not to complain since I like hot weather, but I don't like feeling sticky! Since campground doesn't have great up-to-date electric & we are on 30amps, we don't like to use AC unless we absolutely have to.


We had the Penn-York Square Dancers at the campground over the weekend. We know several of the couples that dance. Of course, my husband likes to watch, but can't quite get him to try it. Quite a few of my brothers & sister did dance & some still do. Now down to the next generation. Everyone is afraid to try it since they don't like to make mistakes (so my husband says), but even the old timers mess up sometimes. That's what makes it fun. Saturday night they are suppose to dress up to dance, but it was really HOT. My sister, Romayne, danced with my nephew, Randy, in her jeans. They had danced on Fri. night at another dance in Chautauqua County as they belong to the Chau-tau-qua Squares. My brother & sister-in-law came to watch too. So we had a gathering at the trailer & ate blackberry pie that my sister brought. Bill's favorite & delicious as always! (Oh, & that was 9 pts. for an 8th of a piece too!!!)

SISTER ROMAYNE IN JEANS

NEPHEW, RANDY, ON RIGHT

SISTER & NEPHEW, 3rd & 4th FROM LEFT

THE WATCHERS: BARB, RAY, BILL, BOB L. & BOB C.

Today I walked 3 miles in the hot, humid weather before noon. I thought I'd never get back! I even braved the pool today (up to my waist). Wasn't quite brave enough to just jump in. It felt good, but was still pretty cold (75 deg.). Sounds warm but it really wasn't.

Talked to our daughter, Renee, & sons in MD today. She said it is HOT, HOT, HOT there & their AC does not work!!! Around 100 deg., second floor apt. She said they have been taking 4-5 showers a day just to keep cool. Hot weather makes for cranky kiddos too. Wish they could live up here! Would love to have them close at least for the summer!


This week we have to make a trip to Erie for me to go to doctor (routine check up). Then we will just be working (at a slow pace in the heat) the rest of week.


Not much else exciting going on here. Rather than boring you all with a dull week, I'll sign off with....The Traveling Cardinal's

2 comments:

Snookie said...

I guess you don't want to hear that here in Colorado where we are its a pleasant 74 degrees with 16% humidity. Nah, I didn't think you did.

David Bullock said...

Romayne is a very unusual name. And it is even more unusual to spell it that way. In fact, the only other person I know with that name is my daughter, Romayne Bullock!